Monday, July 27, 2009

god bless yasmin ahmad

 

This is the last song posted by her in her blog. I joined an opera in 2005 called Turandot. Turandot is one of the best masterpiece by Puccini. I was not the main actor but one of the soldiers for extra.

But that is not the purpose I write this post.

I was with someone when I got a sms from my mom telling me that she had passed away. I was astonished. I told her and my friend Nadia about it. We were on the way to Sunset Bistro in Batu Feringghi.

We were upset. Very sad.

Good thing is we were not late for appreciating her work doesn’t matter the latest or the earlier ones. Talk about Sepet, Gubra, Mukhsin, Mualaf or even the one banned by our FINAS (Rabun), there was no other movies similar to her work in term of creativity and storyline. Her work was unique and honest.

Not to forget about her advertisement. She always came up with creative approach that involve multi racial in our country. I believe all of us will always waiting for her new advertisement especially during big festivals like Eid Adha, Eid Mubarak, Chinese New Year, Deepavali and Christmas. Full of meaning, great bond between races in Malaysia and always about friendship and relationship that will touch our heart. Short and sharp.

Now, what we can do is just to re-play all the advertisements and movies. Smile of her good works.

I believe some of us still in sorrowfulness until today. But you have to remember, she doesn’t want us to be sad as she always smile all the time. What we need to do are smile always thinking about her and keep her works in our heart, remain forever.

We love you Yasmin and we are going to miss you much.

Here I want paste Azian Irdawaty’s poem that really touch my heart:

She was  an angel
God sent us
No, he lent us
To be a storyteller
Who spun stories of
Magic, joy and enchantment
Who we often lose  sight of
Her fight was brief
Her leaving was a grief
Just like her movies
The end came too soon
But her wisdom remain
like words to a tune
That we will hold dear
Forever you will be near.
I love you Yasmin
I will miss you always.

 

Lastly,

Al-Fatihah and God bless.

8 comments:

  1. i still can't accept the truth that she's gone..

    al-fatihah..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:31 PM

    stkt nie, penah tgk sepet and mukhsin je. huhu.

    anyways, al-fatihah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alfatihah... send it to her...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is shocking. It just proves that we must do the things we want to do now and not procrastinate cos anything can happen tomorrow!

    You can be active and healthy one moment, and gone the next!

    I love her movie Sepet so much I watched it 3 times. She's irreplaceable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wahidah - al-fatihah.

    sorensen - yes. me too :(

    iesha - lain-lain pun best gak. the best rasanye sepet :)

    zam - al-fatihah.

    foong - correct. "procrastinate is a thief of time".

    i have watery eyes now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gone,too soon. I read about her work and saw her film, Sepet. I 'm so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. keats - yes keats. don't be sad as she won't be happy if she see you :)

    what we need to do is always remember her :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment.

Tamparuli Bridge (Tuaran, Sabah)

Tamparuli is a small town and a sub-district of Tuaran on the west coast of Sabah, Malaysia. It is populated mainly by native Dusuns, while ...