Thursday, November 24, 2011
2. I believe government must have a reason to do so.
3. I do not say that all officers are not capable but for those in high position in the company actually can work longer. It is because they have to think and read a lot in order to manage their officers. They have to work hard, in order to achieve the goal that has been set by the company.
4. I do not say that officers who are not in high position are not capable to work at age 60 but most of them do not want to learn new things such as computer applications, work related system that need them to have computer knowledge and they do not even want to do new work because they want to stay in their comfort zone and do the same things for the next 10 years or more.
5. I do not need to give example for this matter but you can see in your own office does not matter in private sector or government they are the same. If it is not all, then it is most of them.
6. Let me give example based on my company. Those who are 50 years old and above do the same work and prefer to do the same if possible until they retire. They go for some computer courses. They go for some advance courses. The result is not as what we expect. They come back and still want to do the same work and hope that all computer works related will be given to the new officers with an excuse: “They are new and fresh from school. They should be good in computer”.
7. It is sad to hear that the new and fresh graduate officers need to do more work compare to the senior who have more experience and worse receive better salary.
8. My point is, why should we pay them when they cannot give their best to suit the modern demand and not pay those fresh graduates? We pay the senior a lot but we only need to pay the fresh ones less than what we have to pay the senior.
9. In term of salary, we can save a lot. Maybe many of you would ask me: “What about the experience?” Well, do you think the senior can really teach the experience to the fresh graduate? Experience can be learned from self experience as year pass by. Remember, the senior usually are very weak in computer and what advantage can they give in this modern technology?
10. We want to apply the “green environment” method to all companies in our country. If they are IT blinded, how would this campaign succeed?
11. An email written by the previous CEO caught my attention: Shape in or ship out. I truly agree, if you cannot shape in the company; you should ship out of the company. If we can apply this to all companies, we can be successful and at the same time vanish the jobless youngsters. The goal is not vague as long as we do it in a proper way. I believe with all the intelligent peoples we have, we can solve this problem.
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
2. A relationship needs to be cherished all the time.
3. Sometimes you need to give compliment to make your partner feel happy.
4. You need to give compliment on the physical attraction. It is sad when we get the compliment from others and not from our partner.
5. Remain the behavior that you did since the beginning of the relationship. Most people do not do the things they did when they first met and when they were so in love after the relationship grows older.
6. You need to be creative in the relationship. Always create something new and interesting in anything you do together.
7. Do not always complain and nag. It can make your partner feels annoying.
8. Do not tell everything that happens in the relationship to your friend. Worse when your partner knows about it.
9. Do not always compare the things you have done to your partner with your partner contribution.
10. Last one is trust your partner. Love should base on trust. If there is no trust, there is no love.
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Sometimes we do not realize that we are racist. When we talk to our friends who are the same race with us, we tend to use the race if there is other race involve in the conversation.
I am not racist.
We do not realize that we always think our race is better than others. We try to find the strength in our race and compared to others. The fact is each race has its own strength and specialty.
I am not racist.
We will put our own race as priority in many things. It does not matter if it is in sport, academic or even donation. Why don’t we put the race aside and do it honestly and as a human being.
I am not racist.
If these simple things can be vanished, I believe that it is easy to unite all of us. The question is: Is it impossible?
I remember my CEO’s sentence that he always use in his speech or email. “Nothing is impossible & impossible is nothing”.
Credit to Hamirat Hassan for the pictures.
Monday, November 14, 2011
Human is getting crazy. Donation for someone’s death is not important compared to donation for someone who is just moving to some other branch. Oh, because the person is one of the directors.
There is a certain amount that an officer must donate for the director but not for someone who lose parents or spouse.
People feel embarrass when the donation for director is little but it is ok if the donation for the death can be counted with own fingers and worse not using notes but coins.
Saturday, November 12, 2011
I planned to buy other color which is more striking but they did not have my size.
In the end, I bought this one. Double gel. Which is better than single gel and can protect my legs :-)
I'm so happy today!
Monday, November 07, 2011
My body is a bit flabby now and I just want the muscles get stronger and lean very soon. I know I can do it, just that some friends claimed that I'm skinny now. Duh!
What do you think?
Sunday, November 06, 2011
She was crying loudly and I did not know what to say, seriously.
She is my good friend and of course I felt very sad when heard about the news.
It is Eid Adha today and I would like to wish all of you Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha.
To Linda, be strong and be supportive to you mom. Al-Fatihah.
Saturday, October 29, 2011
As we go on
All the times we
And as our lives change
We will still be
I think this is the best song I can find on youtube that suits the mood right now.
Few months ago, 2 colleagues from Kuala Lumpur came to Penang. One was Shida (fresh graduate) and another one was Ayie.
After a week or so, we got close. Both of them were so friendly and the best thing was we had many things in common.
I went to Kuala Lumpur very often lately, together with both of them and Keith. The journey was full of fun. We laughed, we talked and we teased each other happily. I tried to be the best shoulder for them to cry on. Even though I was not a good listener and could not give best advise, I’m still glad that I was there for them when they needed me. Remember the moment when we break the fast together at Hammer Bay?
We played badminton. We played table tennis. Too many things we did together. Even though, Cameron Highlands and Danok plans were cancelled for some reasons. But I hope both of you will come again, together to Penang again and maybe we can go travel somewhere together too. I hope.
I’m still sad even though I did not cry just now. But that is me. I always keep thing inside. Deep in my heart, no one knows.
Shida is on her way now. Drive safely Shida. Always remember us here.
Ayie is packing his last stuff at the house now. When I hugged him just now, I almost cry. But I tried to stay calm and be strong. He is going to take a nap and will be driving back later. Drive safely Ayie! Same thing, remember us here!
All the best to both of you! We are going to miss both of you so much! Love you :(
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Bad luck today. But, who cares? :)
As usual, I stayed at office until 7pm to finish my work (well, I know it’s so impossible to finish work! if not, why do you go to work everyday?). Got a call from my mom that my sister is sick and could not drive to fetch my niece.
It rained heavily and strong wind too at the office. Luckily, the traffic was not that bad.
On the way to the nursery house, I did not see the hole on the road because it was covered with the water from the rain. Boom! My left-back tyre already in that freaking hole and made a “cute” sound.
“Wow!” I shouted. (actually it was other word but not suitable to be written in here haha).
Mom was shocked too.
I realized my tyre got sound when I was almost reach my house and yes, I guessed it right, the tyre is punctured!
I just bought a GPS (Garmin nuvi 1350 and cost me RM560) and now this tyre is helping me hehe. Oh yea, mom remind me about road tax and insurance that I have to pay next month.
Ok, fine. MacBook Pro 15” should be kept in my dreamland again for the third time.
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Monday, September 12, 2011
Sent from iPhone
Begin forwarded message:
Kifarah 1 Bilion Riyal Saudi akibat Tersalah Umum Tarikh Eidul Fitri
Kerajaan Arab Saudi membayar 1 bilion Riyal Saudi sebagai kifarah kerana tersalah umum tarikh Eidul Fitri yang sepatutnya jatuh pada 31 Ogos bukan 30 Ogos. Anak bulan yg kelihatan rupanya adalah planet Saturn! Kerajaan Arab Saudi memerintahkan rakyatnya berpuasa sehari bagi menggantikan puasa yg tertinggal.
Friday, September 09, 2011
Sent from iPhone
Half Man - Half Price Store ~ The Story of Peng Shuilin
In life we keep complaining about what is or why we don't have.
Half the time we seem dissatisfied, though full-bodied and free to choose. Fat people say, "I want to be slim." Skinny people say," I want to be fatter."
Poor people want to be rich and rich are never satisfied with what they have.
PENG Shuilin is 78cms high. He was born in Hunan Province , China .
In 1995, in Shenzhen, a freight truck sliced his body in half.
His lower body and legs were beyond repair.
Surgeons sewed up his torso.
Peng Shuilin, 37, spent nearly two years in hospital in Shenzhen, southern China ,
undergoing a series of operations to re-route nearly every major organ or system inside his body.
Peng kept exercising his arms, building up strength, washing his face and brushing his teeth.
He survived against all odds.
Now Peng Shulin has astounded doctors by learning to walk again after a decade.
Considering Peng's plight, doctors at the China Rehabilitation Research Centre in Beijing devised an ingenious way to allow him to walk on his own,
creating a sophisticated egg cup-like casing to hold his body, with two bionic legs attached.
It took careful consideration, skilled measurement and technical expertise.
Peng has been walking the corridors of Beijing Rehabilitation Centre
with the aid of his specially adapted legs and a re-sized walking frame.
RGO is a recipicating gait orthosis, attached to a prosthetic socket bucket.
There is a cable attached to both legs so when one goes forward, the other goes backwards.
Rock to the side, add a bit of a twist and the leg without the weight on it advances, while the other one stays still, giving a highly inefficient way of ambulation.
Oh so satisfying to 'walk' again after ten years with half a body!
Hospital vice-president Lin Liu said: "We've just given him a checkup; he is fitter than most men his age."
Peng Shuilin has opened his own bargain supermarket,
called the Half Man-Half Price Store.
The inspirational 37-year-old has become a businessman
and is used as a role model for other amputees.
At just 2ft 7ins tall, he moves around in a wheelchair giving lectures on recovery from disability.
His attitude is amazing, he doesn't complain.
"He had good care, but his secret is cheerfulness. Nothing ever gets him down."
You have a whole body. You have feet.
Now you have met a man who has no feet.
His life is a feat of endurance, a triumph of the human spirit in overcoming extreme adversity.
Next time you want to complain about something trivial, don't.
Remember Peng Shulin instead.
Life Is a Gift
Today before you say an unkind word -
Think of someone who can't speak.
Before you complain about the taste of your food -
Think of someone who has nothing to eat.
Before you complain about your husband or wife -
Think of someone who ' s crying out to GOD for a companion.
Today before you complain about life -
Think of someone who went too early
Before whining about the distance you drive
Think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.
And when you are tired and complain about your job -
Think of the unemployed, the disabled, and those who wish they had your job.
And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down -
Put a smile on your face and think:
you're alive and still around.
The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
e e cummings (1894 - 1962)