I got invitation for Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin speech at USM regarding the title above (I'm not in the mood to type the whole title again and again, pah!). My Chief Clerk and I were selected for our company. I fetched her at 9am and drove straight to the venue.
It was just a one way communication and we would listen. Yes. I was damn tired not because of this but because of there were few scenarios to tell.
We reached there early because we knew parking lot will be full. Not just because of the speech, but also because of the lecturers, staff and students cars! Ok, we were lucky enough to get 1 lot for us. Fuh!
Written on the invitation card that the speech will start at 9.30am but it started at 10am. Typical minister's promise? Lol. Or I should point finger to the management? Ah, forget it!
... and the speech started. It was my first time listen to what he said live. I guess I started to like him and his brain. Some people said that he is way too slow in everything. Who cares? To me, he was not bias. He blamed and saluted both party for good and bad. Isn't that neutral enough? Another thing that makes me like him more, he tended to think like Tun Mahathir now. I agreed. No doubt he got a lot of supports from the youth and the oldies. Let me just put some points of the speech:
- Chinese & Indians are complaining about they have been discriminated even though the highest percentage for poverty belong to Malay?
- Chinese point finger to government for cronysm but now when Opposition conquers Penang, is the cronysm has gone? If so, why rich Chinese is getting richer and the poor one forever in the gloom?
- We shout out loud for equality, but if Malay left behind yet you call that equality? (remember non-bumi still at the best position, richest and less poverty but why still shout for equality? or is it greedy?).
- Non-bumi are not satisfy with the DEB, what is the different between with DEB or without? Non-bumi still the less poor.
- The last one, Social Contract. I don't want to touch this issue here but you can refer here and here and here.
I won't write the whole points here or worse the whole speech. So, roughly you know what the speech was about. Not some voting politic issue.
The foods were great. Fish curry, beef, prawn and chicken! But I had to queue up in the bright sunny day. It was damn hot ok! When eating at the table (I was lucky enough to get table as many others had chair but no table lol), I listened to conversation beside me. I like the one beside me better. He mentioned about all things that has been mentioned in Tun Mahathir's blog. I smiled.
Walked with full stomach to the car with a smile. Good speech and good food, what's better than that? But... my car was blocked by an uncivilized retard driver! (I screamed in my heart -- fuck off!). Ok, calm down. I pushed the car. That bugger did use handbrake. Grr! Luckily a good guy came and helped. To Mr Red Shirt guy, if you read this please leave your number in the comment. I owe you a drink. I don't mind if you want lunch. I really appreciate with what you had done.
So, that was it. Ciao.