Tuesday, March 03, 2009

email from author carlo gabbi

Hi Carlo Gabbi,

This is amazing that a noble author like you would write me an email. Honestly, I’m flattered.

I understand your intention for good morale value in the 2nd part of the book but I still think it turns off the romance which was beautifully written at the beginning. I was hoping that it will goes on that way till the end and of course I’d expect they will have a great wedding ceremony.

I hope we can keep in touch and let me know if you write again. I’ll definitely buy the book as I really like your way of writing.

Keep in touch and hopefully someday you can write about my country too.



Best regards,

Faisal Admar


P/s: Is this your real story? :)



-----------------------------------------------------------


From: carlo gabbi
To: chanija@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, 10 February, 2009 18:23:56
Subject: To say thank you

Hi Faisal,

I'm Carlo Gabbi the author of An Amazing Story. I just read your review on my book and thank you for what you said,

Most likely you haven't completely understood the reason why I centered the second part of the novel in the Amazonian forests. It is the concern that humanity for greediness are destroying life on universe and already we are paying dearly the consequences Don’t you think so? And I suppose everybody at the end is expecting that Tomas and Dolores are finally getting married. I believe isn't any more picturesque place then the Amazon place and their traditional folkloristic rules.

I notice that many of your readers would like to read the book. They can directly order the book from me at a special price of $A 15.00 plus postal cost.

Please stay in touch. I like to know more of your country and your traditions.

Sincerely

Carlo Gabbi


-----------------------------------------------------------

Still remember I won the book-give-away contest last time?



29 comments:

  1. I just read your review... if you liked this you may also like By the River Piedra I sat down and cried by Paolo Coelho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terra - Whoa! The title is so seductive for me to read ;) Maybe after The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks I'll grab that one!

    Currently I work my ass out day and night and it's simply tiring haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:17 PM

    Work? Sucking us poor people out of all our hard-earned money and you call that work? ROTFLMAO!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!! Got work night kah? Hmmm...interesting! That I wouldn't know! Hehehehehehe!!! Wow!!! Big shot now...so femes!!! International some more! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. STP - Famous? I doubt :P I guess Google helps me ;)

    If we don't collect tax, do you think you can drive on a good road like you have right now? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. waaa... the author was so kind to reply ur review. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. wah dpt email dr author tu...isk2..bgsnyaaa

    ReplyDelete
  7. wait a minute, I thought that stroy more or less based on the true person the author knows in person? Anyway, life doesn't always gives happy ending.. I'm gonna finish the book while on business trip to Bangkok later this month, hehe. Then only return the book to u. Thanks anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:05 PM

    "I notice that many of your readers would like to read the book. They can directly order the book from me at a special price of $A 15.00 plus postal cost"
    Bro, boleh jadi agen tu, ambil komisen. Rasanya dia tak faham ni kan komen ni? he he.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The author really took the time to reply, that's commendable. It's just that I don't read love-making stories XD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jard - Haha yes. I really feel appreciated!

    Wahidah - Yeps! Happy sangat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joseph - True story? I don't know. You think he is Bill? Don't tell me you think he is Thomas!

    Then you gotta read A mighty heart too! Lucky One you've to wait as long way to go haha! Lately I'm occupied with so much works.

    Ismail - Haha! Idea yang bagus tapi semua dah tahu price kalau macam ni! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. JL - Ah... I don't too. But after I read this book, I found that his way of describing the hot session was really HOT. Trust me... you can even get a hard on! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ^ i lol at this comment reply. a love-making story ~_~"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Syaz - Har? You should read then let me know what you think about it :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. no thanks. i like love story but not love-making story *for now* xD

    ReplyDelete
  16. Syaz - Haha after all we are adult :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous9:28 PM

    U coming to Sibu this weekend? Ajil's waiting, hoping you will come over...and then you can see our lousy roads. Where got anything like the ones in the peninsula??? Humph!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really can get a hard on? No kidding? Which part? Can have some short passages from the book on your blog for us to read? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. suituapui, that's why it's hi-time for you guys to chg the ruling government liao...

    ReplyDelete
  20. STP - This weekend? Cannot, I'm going to join my family at Sungai Petani chalet... it's on the sea! :D Reading, fishing and sleeping! Oh not to forget eating! Hahaha.

    Foong - Haha ok I'll put some erotic part soon and special dedicate for you! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Joseph - There you go...! *fainted*

    ReplyDelete
  22. after i'm married. that time is time to learn? =P~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Syaz - Er, reading and fantasizing won't make you a bad girl. No?

    ReplyDelete
  24. aiyo...saya budak2 lagi..huhu..
    tp best la, dpt emel dr author..kan best if i dpt dr jodi picoult or danielle steel..at least shidney sheldon(hidup lagi ke ek?)..huhu..

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bard - Hehe ya best sangat! Tersenyum je... :) Er, tak cukup 18 tahun lagi kan? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  26. i want to buy this book. how can I go about it?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cahaya - Bookstore? If not I'll email him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Takde la. Dah cari. Borders takde, MPH takde, Kedai Buku Ah Keong takde gak!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Eh. Memang takde ek? Nak pinjam tak? I post kat you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment.

Tamparuli Bridge (Tuaran, Sabah)

Tamparuli is a small town and a sub-district of Tuaran on the west coast of Sabah, Malaysia. It is populated mainly by native Dusuns, while ...