Saturday, April 27, 2013

Nasi Ayam Budu

I know many people just can't resist the temptation of the food, and me too! So this time, I'm going to share with you one of the special meal you can get in Penang -- Nasi Ayam Budu. 

Don't get it wrong, it's not the chicken rice, but they simply put in one sentence 3 main things in this meal nasi/ayam/budu. Which means you get plain rice, fried chicken and budu (a sauce made by anchovy). At first when I heard about it, I thought it was chicken rice but when I tried it, I was wrong. 

If you come to Penang, you MUST try it. Instead of this Nasi Ayam Budu, you can also eat some other Malay-Thai foods which are also good but Nasi Ayam Budu is the signature there! :)


This is how it looks like.

The yummy fried chicken with a lot of onions!

The budu which you eat it with some chilies and lime. Yummy!

How to find this place? Yes, it's a bit hidden from the main road. If you know where is Old Town in Bayan Baru and where is Sunshine Square, it will be much easier for me to give the direction. Opposite the Old Town, you will see a Char Koay Teow stall which is Char Koay Teow Liz. Turn into that junction and go further in, and you will find this shop.

Click here for the direction.


It's a must TRY if you come to Penang :)

Bon Appetit...




12 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:37 PM

    Ohhhhhh!!!! They give air budu, it seems. Here, our budu aur...best lah! Pasti tambah nasi! LOL!!!
    http://suituapui.wordpress.com/2012/09/05/cmon-try-a-little-bit/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its typical Kelantanese and Terengganu people's budu. You must try! :)

      Delete
    2. Anonymous8:49 AM

      I have. They give this air budu with the nasi kerabu here - not as strong as ours. Ours memang bau...but soooo sedap! LOL!!!

      Delete
    3. Oh yes. Nasi Kerabu. Hehe! Correct.

      Bau? Alamak. Bau apa?

      Delete
  2. faisal rs mcm nk cekik2 je faisal ni tau..u make me hungry again n again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha calm down. Nanti datang Penang kita mencekik.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous6:42 AM

    Bilalah nak gi Penang nih. Hehe... Unfortunately I don't eat budu. Pretty lame for me, as a Malaysian... dunno how to eat budu. muhuhu....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... there are 2 type of sauces that you can eat with anything and special made by certain states.

      1 is budu made by anchovy in Kelantan and Terengganu. 2 is cincaluk made by small dried prawns in Malacca. Both are yummy. Since you don't eat budu, what about cincaluk? :)

      Delete
    2. Anonymous5:37 AM

      Cincaluk is accepted for my taste. hehe. My mom knows how to make cincaluk herself.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing! Must try it if I go Penang! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment.

Tamparuli Bridge (Tuaran, Sabah)

Tamparuli is a small town and a sub-district of Tuaran on the west coast of Sabah, Malaysia. It is populated mainly by native Dusuns, while ...