1. I do not understand why government wants to extend service period to 60 years old. In my opinion, not all officers are capable to work until the age of 60.
2. I believe government must have a reason to do so.
3. I do not say that all officers are not capable but for those in high position in the company actually can work longer. It is because they have to think and read a lot in order to manage their officers. They have to work hard, in order to achieve the goal that has been set by the company.
4. I do not say that officers who are not in high position are not capable to work at age 60 but most of them do not want to learn new things such as computer applications, work related system that need them to have computer knowledge and they do not even want to do new work because they want to stay in their comfort zone and do the same things for the next 10 years or more.
5. I do not need to give example for this matter but you can see in your own office does not matter in private sector or government they are the same. If it is not all, then it is most of them.
6. Let me give example based on my company. Those who are 50 years old and above do the same work and prefer to do the same if possible until they retire. They go for some computer courses. They go for some advance courses. The result is not as what we expect. They come back and still want to do the same work and hope that all computer works related will be given to the new officers with an excuse: “They are new and fresh from school. They should be good in computer”.
7. It is sad to hear that the new and fresh graduate officers need to do more work compare to the senior who have more experience and worse receive better salary.
8. My point is, why should we pay them when they cannot give their best to suit the modern demand and not pay those fresh graduates? We pay the senior a lot but we only need to pay the fresh ones less than what we have to pay the senior.
9. In term of salary, we can save a lot. Maybe many of you would ask me: “What about the experience?” Well, do you think the senior can really teach the experience to the fresh graduate? Experience can be learned from self experience as year pass by. Remember, the senior usually are very weak in computer and what advantage can they give in this modern technology?
10. We want to apply the “green environment” method to all companies in our country. If they are IT blinded, how would this campaign succeed?
11. An email written by the previous CEO caught my attention: Shape in or ship out. I truly agree, if you cannot shape in the company; you should ship out of the company. If we can apply this to all companies, we can be successful and at the same time vanish the jobless youngsters. The goal is not vague as long as we do it in a proper way. I believe with all the intelligent peoples we have, we can solve this problem.