Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chap Goh Mei

I suppose to go to Kei Lok Si to snap some good pictures, then to Esplanade to snap some pictures of people throwing oranges. Too bad, I haven’t eaten a real meal and way too exhausted to go out again even though I’m not the one who drives.

So, instead of staying home and feel regret that I’d miss a lot of pictures and great moment, I plan to make something refreshing.

On my way back from paying RM4k to my foreman (major repair on my 10 year-old car), surveyed price for washing machine and oven and bought groceries at Sunshine, I remembered that I still have some lokam (mandarin orange) in the fridge. It’s getting very ripe now. Then, I remember that I’ve read about Lokam Juice here.

I dropped by at the grocery shop at the roadside and bought some lime and soda.

As soon as I reached home, I started peeling some lokam and cut the lime. 6 lokams with 3 limes. Then, I added some soda.

IMG_0862IMG_0868IMG_0877

The result: It’s so bitter! (maybe because people squash it, but I use the juice maker – together with the seed)

Any good advise?

Hope you have a wonderful Chap Goh Mei :)

 

P/s: Salam Maulidur Rasul kepada muslimin dan muslimah.

18 comments:

  1. Kuih bakul mana?..hehe..Biasa kuih bakul kan chap goh mei..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ad - eh ye tak ye gak kan. jap nak tanya :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just eat it bro. Don't drink it. :p

    Happy Chap Goh Meh to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bijik memang kena buang..kulit limau nipis pun sebab kan pahit..

    ReplyDelete
  5. tekkaus - happy chap goh meh to you :) eh, my title is wrong write? :P

    because so many lokam at home, so i just want to give a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. axim - tu ler. tu pasal wahdi perah je kot. bengong tol aku. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:47 AM

    Haha..I echo Tekkaus' comment. Just eat the mandarin orange! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. mei teng - hehe i got a lot of them in the fridge. i thought by making juice i can make variety lokam in solid form and liquid. but...

    er, maybe i should try squashing then?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm gonna echo both Tekkaus and Mei Teng's comments. Juz eat the mandarin oranges!! Haha!

    But if you must make juice, take out all the seeds first, then juice it - then won't be bitter : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. suituapui11:52 AM

    No Chap Goh Meh dinner? Where's ur darling??? If you were in Sibu,I would have invited you... Had po piah, pai tee!!! Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. foong - what about the white texture on the orange itself? i still think i must squash it rather than blend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. stp - i love pai tee! homemade?

    ReplyDelete
  13. buang biji dulu. or try seedless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. cahaya - patut blend or perah je?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aiyoo bro! perah jusnya, yg hang blender biji ngan kulit tu mmg le pahit hehehe btw, den tak pakai limau hijau tu, pakai lemon besaq kuning+jus lokam+soda..takpe leh cuba lagi pasni huhu

    ReplyDelete
  16. wahdi - tu ler. lepas ni nak kena try lagi :)

    yang lemon tu sebab baca blog hang, tengok hang kata lime :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous5:32 AM

    Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

    ReplyDelete
  18. anonymous, it will take a while maybe after exam to get me back to the track. hehe i mean snapping more pictures :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment.

Tamparuli Bridge (Tuaran, Sabah)

Tamparuli is a small town and a sub-district of Tuaran on the west coast of Sabah, Malaysia. It is populated mainly by native Dusuns, while ...