There are some office politics whether we realized, or not. Whether we agree, or not. It’s very subjective and depends on individual perspective. Here, I’m going to list down some of them:
1. Bosses can go out anytime without permission and won’t be asked by their superior but the staff can’t go out at anytime they want and will be asked with tons of questions if caught going out for buying food
2. Bosses can eat outside but if the staff caught eating outside, they will be punished such as get a memo and discipline action.
3. If you are the favorite staff, you will be promoted or will be given extra bonus. You won’t be scolded even if you are wrong and you will get less work compared to others. What you need to do is to help the boss and hide all his/her insincerity.
4. In the meeting, you can’t disagree with the boss idea. If you do, you will be marked as the black sheep. You won’t get promoted and you won’t get any benefit that you are supposed to get. In the future, you might get scold in front of other people which is very embarrassing with vulgar and bad words. Isn’t it too much for an educated (educated eh?) people like boss use such bad language toward his/her stuff?
5. Bosses usually know when to take leave at the right time. They must know how to run from the danger.
6. Bosses usually give the idea even though it doesn’t make sense sometimes (most of the time?) and when it’s time to get the reward, he/she will be a superstar who standing in front of others and taking the award.
7. Bosses don’t deal with the staff but the superior. Because he/she knows that staff can’t say anything but behind his/her back if he/she makes any decision because it has been approved by the big boss.
These are just some points that might be happening in your office or at least, mine.
Note: if someday you might sit at that seat, do remember others.